Keyless door pad doesn't light up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjamba

Reaction score
My keyless doorpad works,but does not light up.How can I remedy this? Thanks, It is a 2001 XLT with 5.4L

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does the key pad still work.. as in still unlock the doors? If not probably your RAP module under the dash (little white box with your code # on it) If it is just the lights on the pad I don't really know... there is a few older posts on this topic if you search for it

OP
OP
T

tjamba

Reaction score
key pad

Yes, Everything works,but the keypad does not light up.Is there a small LED bulb or something that I can replace?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know how they light up... I know the keypad is a sealed little box containing everything... a while ago I saw a post were someone changed the color I'll have to look for it... otherwise maybe get a new keypad from a junkyard and swap them out

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting... Seems like a nice little project :D

OP
OP
T

tjamba

Reaction score
Key Pad fixed

Took door apart yesterday and found a nicked wire,Took care of that and everything is A-OK!!! Thanks Guys!!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me know if you try it and how it turns out... I'm wanting to do it but I think if I attempt it I will go to junkyard and get a spare one to practice on.... i use my keypad way to much to chance being without it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13