lifted third gen question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since i lifted my 07(three inch spacer), my upper control arm is just about touching the spring and if i hit a bump right it makes a light clunking sound. i think its the arm and spring touching. does anyone else have this happen?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I got your pm. Funny you mention this bc Ive been noticing that when my wife pulls in our driveway I hear somewhat of a clunk. My driveway has a dip in it between it and the road. I might have to look into it.

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya it doesnt take a big bump, just the right angle hit. and nothing on some bigger hits. just making sure i didnt mess something up.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. For me its when shes making a left into the driveway. I think I hear it in the front driver side. But going over speed humps its good.

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
was almost wondering if we would need to get diff upper arms.

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
but more like half the price of the rize lol. almost was going to throw a pair of raptor struts up front and leave the rear with the spacer but cant find any cheap enough

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I read the front end of the truck is the same as the f150 but come to find out that is not the case. Dont know who to believe.

OP
OP
dcarr

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya thats why i cant see buying them on a may or may not work. but then may have same issue with control arms. and being the abuse they are made to take may need to change everything from the frame out so a real lift may just be cheaper in the long run.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is lifted like yours and I havent had any proplems or clunking noises from my Expedition and mine has even been wrecked after the lift was installed, What brand is your lift?