Lug nut question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEPTIC PROFESSOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you can't afford 24 oem lug nuts, you certainly can't afford an Expedition. Installing a different size is
sure stupidity. The stupid pandering chatter goes on and on...

SEPTIC PROFESSOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, both cheap and stupid approach. sell it for scrap, I'm embarrassed to be a fellow owner. Entirely worthless idiotic thread. All the morons came out of the woodwork.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can we just have a civilized and helpful discussion please? Most of this discussion has not been helpful to say the least. Either help or just don't.
Actually it is helpful. Most people only remove the lugnuts every 3+- years and all I am saying is that if you use a slightly larger 6 point socket for the swollen lugnuts it will work just fine and won't round any un-swollen ones so you don't have to buy all new nuts. It's really a no brainer. After you go broke a couple times you don't just go buy everything on a whim.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually wasn't directed at you. I agree in this case. Using the next size up in metric/SAE is so minor you'd have to try to tear it up. But if you do want to replace them I posted a link for some Gorilla Nuts at half price. I'll probably replace mine when I do the brakes next time just because:)

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually wasn't directed at you. I agree in this case. Using the next size up in metric/SAE is so minor you'd have to try to tear it up. But if you do want to replace them I posted a link for some Gorilla Nuts at half price. I'll probably replace mine when I do the brakes next time just because:)
Thanks, buying new ones isn't a bad idea but the slightly larger 6 point works also if you want to go that route. I think this thread has run it's course...…...lol