MagnaFlow vs. Flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like my bullet. not to many people have them and theres a nice loud sound with out a tip and no drone. there is if im crusin at 1800 rpm and theres traffic. but my truck will down shift if its like that anyways. i want to stright pipe it though. haha

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like my bullet. not to many people have them and theres a nice loud sound with out a tip and no drone. there is if im crusin at 1800 rpm and theres traffic. but my truck will down shift if its like that anyways. i want to stright pipe it though. haha

I have the bullet too. When I had the magnaflow high flow cats installed it made a HUGE difference.

80z28

Reaction score
just installed new cats (holy $$$$$) and a flowmaster 40 on my 06 expy

went with 3" muffler

sounds great. not too loud and doesn't drone all that bad, however I did notice that I lost some bottom end power.But I also had a magna flow on my 06 silverado and it lacked bottom end too after putting it on. The flowmaster I find sounds better tho

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with magnaflow. I am very happy with it. I wanted something that was not stock but that was not obnoxious either. It really is a matter of personal preference but best thing is to just find youtube videos. You will never know until you hear it in person, but I think magnaflow is the way to go for a tasteful upgrade...if you want the attention in general I would say flowmaster. They do have different series' but that is just a general break down.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the bullet too. When I had the magnaflow high flow cats installed it made a HUGE difference.

do you have a dynomax bullet or bullet performance? cause there is a difference. i want to get the high flows. they are cali legal right?

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the dynomax bullet. Don't know if they're cali legal or not, why would it matter anyway.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah thats different. haha http://www.bulletperformance.com/um_rnd_6.htm
this what i got. i used to have the dynomax super turbo then the baffling went out. and got that muffler the same time i got new exhaust manifolds. and cause cali is STUPID with its emissions laws. cant have this cant have that... blah blah blah!!! what ever. haha