My new ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lets see if this works. It is a 2011 with heavy tow. I was not my first color choice - but I kind of like it now.

NewTruck2.jpg

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Very nice! Ahhhh the new car smell... :)

OP
OP
M

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Wife hated the color, but she drove it yesterday to get the remote start done-now she loves it. they are doing the remote start tomorrow because I decided I wanted 2-way communication, so they are doing an alarm also. Gonna miss not being able to use the keypad. Still trying to adjust going from a 3.73 rear end to a 3.3x, that has been a difficult adjustment. Hoping a tuner will help. It had every other option I wanted-so brown it is.

OP
OP
M

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will still work-but I think if you unlock with the keypad instead of using the alarm fob, I believe the alarm will go off. The vehicle will still be armed and see the unlocking of the door by keypad as an intrusion (I think). I have not gone over this with the guy to make sure, and probably won't have the chance since wife is dropping it off. If the keypad disarms the alarm-that would be great. I commonly lock my keys in the truck and use the keypad to get in, just so I don't have to carry them (ie, out in the boat, out in the woods). But I will find out tomorrow. Not even sure what type of system they are using. I just know I wanted 2-way so it told me when it started instead of having to go to a window to see if it did.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
write down your concern...tell wife to give to guy...lol...seriously though...or have her call you and talk to guy on cell