New 4 wheel drive selections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpf903

Reaction score
2019 Expy Max

My 2015 Expy EL had the standard 4 wheel drive options 2H, 4A, 4H,4L.

My new one has road "condition" selections, i.e. Mud, Snow, Sand, etc., so I don't know which 4 wheel drive I am in.

Does anyone know how to equate the new modes to the old?

Honorebel

Reaction score
It seems like if u touch the 4A button it will go where it's supposed to go..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 Expy Max

My 2015 Expy EL had the standard 4 wheel drive options 2H, 4A, 4H,4L.

My new one has road "condition" selections, i.e. Mud, Snow, Sand, etc., so I don't know which 4 wheel drive I am in.

Does anyone know how to equate the new modes to the old?
There's a lot more going on in the drive modes (go look at your owners manual), but snow will gives you 4A, "sand" and "mud/ruts" will give you 4H, and there's a separate button for 4L that can be selected in any off the "off-road" modes. If you don't have a "4L button" ('cause you didn't get the HD towing package and/or the FX4 package), your transfer case does not have a low mode.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is my understanding that unless you have the HD tow or the FX4 package, you only have 2H or 4A.

Look in your manual (Page 266) and it will tell you what each Drive Mode is mapped to.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is my understanding that unless you have the HD tow or the FX4 package, you only have 2H or 4A.

Look in your manual (Page 266) and it will tell you what each Drive Mode is mapped to.
This is correct. My Plati does not have HD tow and has only 2H or 4A. It does, of course have all the drive modes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kvil