New Expedition Owner... need help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frye34

Reaction score
Just took over my wifes 2003 Ford Expedition Xlt Red, 4x4. Im trying to "man" this thing up a little bit. I'm not a car guy, drove a nissan altima prior.
Here is what i have done so far.
Got new rims 17" Dick Cepek dc-2
The tires are still stock Capitol Precision Trac 2 265/70/r17
Got the side panels painted matte black
Got the black oval westin nurf bars.
Inside i have the charcoal interior.
I guess my question is, I would like a bigger tire, all terrain thats a little more rugged thats not overkill. I dont go off road, I just like the way they look..
Also would like to get the door handles black and a black bull nose, like those brake light protectors (black).
Would like to get an exhaust that will purr but not be too loud.
Any suggestions or places to shop for these items would be greatly appreciated, I got about a $1500 budget left.I will try and get a pic up as soon as i can.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife went from a 05 to a 2011 altima...exhaust is best to get from muffler shop...a lot of us have flowmaster

BB Torch!!!

OP
OP
F

Frye34

Reaction score
Freeway, which flowmaster should i go with, just want a little grumble, not a roar.
Thanks for any help, your expedition looks nice.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a FlowMaster 40 series, drone was overkill at 70 mph. I then switched over to MagnaFlow, much better. If keeping with Flow, think about a 70 series, I've heard it keeps the drone at bay.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster 44 for quieter sound

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah go higher than 40 series flowmaster... might wanna look at the 50 series... try youtube and search for flowmaster to hear different ones... and good choice on the rims... got mine the week they were released...lol... as for tires... look into BFG AT or General Grabber AT2...

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm running 70's and love it... Had 50's, but the drone was irritating the kids.. The 70s work great for us..

OP
OP
F

Frye34

Reaction score
Going today to get quotes on those BFG'S, Magnaflow and the K&N airtake as well as a few other items. You guys use or have any feed back on chips?
What about paint jobs ( maaco? recommendations?) You guys are so helpful and have nice looking suv's, im getting there soon!
Thanks Again,
Mike

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
03+ most have SCT... but if you want to be "different" powerhungryperformace takes an edge CS or CTS and allows it to have custom tunes which will be wrote to your specifications.... I am still debating of getting one in the future since they no longer upgrade the 97-02 expedition edges

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13