No cold air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frenchqtrchef

Reaction score
Truck is at the mechanic right now. The air stopped blowing cold this past weekend. He just informed me that there is a "bad connection at the plug in near the compressor". He says he is waiting on a call from Ford to find out if he can cut the bad part out and splice the new part in. Does this sound reasonable?

And my main question - does anyone know what kind of price I can expect to pay for this fix? Less than two months ago this truck required an a/c system repair that cost over $2000. The thought of paying even more on the a/c is not a pleasant one.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cut the bad part out??? What is he saying is bad?

Out of warranty you don't need "approval" to repair plugs or harnesses. If there is a broken part of the wire then a splice is called for. If the connector in the plug is broken then there are replacement connectors and or plugs available. Very simple fix for a true mechanic.

If this guy is the same one that repaired the a/c system before I'd get more info on what is wrong and post it here.

Manual or electronic temp control?

What did they do for $2 grand?

Yes, I'll admit I'm cynical. X Files was right - trust no one.

Last edited:

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't imagine how they rang up a 2K bill for an ac repair. The stealer here trid to get over a grand for a repair that cost me 177 bucks when I did it myself (45 minutes!) on a Pontiac Vibe. The M.O. is usually let the complaint lead the bill, not the fix. Just my $02.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with you but if it was total front and rear a/c replacement the bill would be up there.