No speedometer, airbag light turned on, no milage shows.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fickster10

Reaction score
2016 Ford Expedition EL Limited. 180,000 miles.

Wife was driving and wrench light came on. Airbag light turned on speedometer stopped working.

This is the second time in a month. After the first time I replaced the Throttle body as I had symptoms of that last summer for a day and ordered the part and carried the part with me. Until I needed to fix it. Everything was good but it happened again today.

She left it running until I got home. I went to drive it around to report more symptoms. I put it in reverse and backed up to turn around and when I put it in gear it didn't shift until the third time. Once it was in gear it just stayed in 3rd gear. It wasn't even in first. At this point I decide it was best to turn it off. Turned it off and right back on and it was perfectly fine.

After the first time I pulled the battery to make sure that was still good, and Autozone tested it and they said it was perfectly fine. 100% charged. Also replaced the throttle body.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2016 Ford Expedition EL Limited. 180,000 miles.

Wife was driving and wrench light came on. Airbag light turned on speedometer stopped working.

This is the second time in a month. After the first time I replaced the Throttle body as I had symptoms of that last summer for a day and ordered the part and carried the part with me. Until I needed to fix it. Everything was good but it happened again today.

She left it running until I got home. I went to drive it around to report more symptoms. I put it in reverse and backed up to turn around and when I put it in gear it didn't shift until the third time. Once it was in gear it just stayed in 3rd gear. It wasn't even in first. At this point I decide it was best to turn it off. Turned it off and right back on and it was perfectly fine.

After the first time I pulled the battery to make sure that was still good, and Autozone tested it and they said it was perfectly fine. 100% charged. Also replaced the throttle body.

Did you scan for any stored codes before battery removal?

Did you use a Motorcraft throttle body?

OP
OP
F

fickster10

Reaction score
No codes were stored. At least Autozone couldn't find any. I guess I will get Forscan that should be able to read past codes right?

It is not motorcraft. It's the Dorman aftermarket one. Does it have to be motorcraft?

OP
OP
F

fickster10

Reaction score
It did it twice today. I had a scan tool with me the second time.

P0720 was the code given.

Again just shut it off and turned it on and it drove perfectly fine.

Attachments

• 20240608_165044.jpg
    20240608_165044.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 5

Grizguy

Reaction score
I had a 2002 f350 with the 7.3 diesel... slightly chipped.. Well.. maybe a lot chipped. It would have an issue with the speedometer going out and the odometer to dashes. Happened everytime the truck hit 105 MPH..

Brian H

Reaction score
Hi, did you find the ultimate cause of this issue? Having the exact same issue on my wife’s 2017 Expedition EL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toole438