Not so Good Vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whtbronco

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The suspension or wheel speed vibration I have been chasing recently is not consistent. This morning it was pretty bad for the 35 mile trip to work, and it starts out around 37-38mph. On the way home this evening it was fine until I was just 4-5 miles from home. It changes based on load, such as my son in the back seat. No matter what I pushed, pulled, pried, turned listened to etc I could not find anything loose and out of round. This evening I was gonna mess with the strut adjustment knob and noticed a gap in the rear strut lower bushing and thought that could probably cause this. It's always under serious tension so I wouldn't be able to feel anything by hand, rolling down the road though would be a different story. Whatcha think. This is the right rear, the left rear is the same, the front lower bushings are not visible while mounted.

Attachments

• Lower rear strut bushing 2.jpg
    Lower rear strut bushing 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Lower rear strut bushing 1.jpg
    Lower rear strut bushing 1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
whtbronco

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New rear struts are enroute. Rancho has a lifetime warranty against wear out, yet another advantage to Rancho in my book.

From the Rancho web page:
DRiV warrants qualifying Rancho products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions as described below.