Offroad!!! Let's see your Offroad setups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are you planning on using your hi-lift? These vehicles don't exactly lend themselves to working well with the old farm jack.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. Now I know your first and last name ;-)

And a bunch of other stuff. Say..... Is that a red Explorer or Expedition in your driveway on Google Streetview? Those 3rd gen Explorers look a lot like Expeditions sometimes.

Bloomsbury..... That's a funny name for a street.

Last edited:

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know some people might think my upgrades are silly, but they are for the most part clean, subtle, and just enough to set my Ex apart from every other one driving around

I agree they are nicely done. The lift isn't overdone, nor the tire size for example.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jay, a beautiful truck. Your choices are very tasteful; I love them. My '10 Explorer's in that color and decked out that way.

Now if I can figure out how to store my Hi-Lift jack in the Expedition, I'd be okay. Any thoughts? I have it in a bag in the back behind the rear seat but it still clanks around a bit, and my chains and stuff are in a leather Klein tool bag so they stay quiet. And the ARB air compressor's in its case, next to the tool bag. The whole lot dance around a bit...

They got these cool things now. They're called "boxes". You put things in them and they don't roll around in the back.

FRD88

Reaction score
Readylift 3/2 with 35/11.50/20s nitto ridge grapplers

How are liking the Ridge Grapplers? Noisy? Wear even? I have been looking at them for my 2nd gen recently. I am really curious how they do on snow and ice. Since they are rated high for winter conditions and I am in MT they seem like a good fit after I get my quicklifts installed.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
How are liking the Ridge Grapplers? Noisy? Wear even? I have been looking at them for my 2nd gen recently. I am really curious how they do on snow and ice. Since they are rated high for winter conditions and I am in MT they seem like a good fit after I get my quicklifts installed.
Relatively quiet, a lot more quiet than trail or mud grapplers. Really only hear drone above 50mph. Very good in snow and ice. Got them on 2 days before we got 8-12” here in Virginia and they did very well.