Platinum trim level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwood1213

Reaction score
Is the platinum trim level really worth 7-10k more than a limited?

We're still looking, and let's just use 2020 models for this scenario At 50k miles, I can find limiteds all day for 40-43k, but platinums are are 48-51k to find a platinum in the 40-43k range you have to jump up to over 75k miles it seems like.

So just curious if the extra 25 horses is worth that much extra.

Thanks guys

OP
OP
K

Kwood1213

Reaction score
The Platinum has some upgrades other than the HP increase. Nicer leather seats. Nicer interior trim. Massage seats. Depends what you want.
Yeah, I'm aware of all the differences, just don't see how they're worth 7k more I guess.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on limited trim. Most limiteds used won't have led lights, ccd, 360 cam or tow pkg used as those were highly sought packaged items, so consumers are keeping those trucks most likely. Most platinums have those features standard.

OP
OP
K

Kwood1213

Reaction score
Depends on limited trim. Most limiteds used won't have led lights, ccd, 360 cam or tow pkg used as those were highly sought packaged items, so consumers are keeping those trucks most likely. Most platinums have those features standard.
I hear that, but I'm looking at all things equal that can be. Just a side note, I've found loads of platinums without the tow package. While it's more prevalent in the Platinum over limited, there's still a lot of them that don't have it.

Anyways, A fully loaded limited with tow package is still 7k cheaper.
My question focuses on why that difference in price in the used market?
Can you feel the 25 horse difference, is it noticeable, or negligible?
Are the upgraded leather seats really worth that much?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive driven a platinum. The massage seats from what i remember are very nice. I loved my limited thiugh it was missing some features I really wanted. Drive em, if they don't feel that much different, get what makes sense. I'm always the guy that says get what you want and better to have it and not use it than don't get what you want and miss it cuz you dnt have it.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a Limited 302A for this exact reason. The base limiteds lack a lot of the features, but the 302A package put almost everything onto the limited that the Platinum did minus the couple HP and massaging seats. I couldn't justify adding all the coin for those 2 minor things.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For 2020, I would have gotten a limited. In fact, I ordered a 2021 Limited, then when the 2022 was announced, ordered a 2022 Platinum and let the dealer keep the 2021. I only upgraded to get BlueCruise, which was only made available in the Platinum and only starting in 2022.

To me, without BlueCruise, it wasn't worth the upgrade.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me the difference was not all that much because i wanted most of the features that are included in the Platinum package. The interior is also quite a bit more upscale to my eyes if you don't get black.

But if those things are not important to you it sounds like you have answered the question yourself.