Please help feel dumb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgoldsworthy

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the Forum and I feel really dumb that I even have to ask this but can someone please tell me where to locate my oil dipstick I have a 2001 Expedition all-wheel drive and I have looked and looked and looked and not been able to locate my dipstick so somebody could possibly help me and give me some pointers on where to locate this darn thing I greatly appreciate it thank you ahead of time

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be that it is not there. Folks at times when checking their oil leave the dip stick in front of the radiator, by the hood release. Get a bright light and look for the tube.
Did you just get this truck?

OP
OP
T

tgoldsworthy

Reaction score
Yes. I can clearly see the dip stick for the tranny fluid but havent been able to locate the oil dip stick. I feel dumb that i even had to ask someone lol. I have looked and looked and was unable to find it. so i figured i ask on here.
Thank you

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t think the tranny has a dip stick, so it is probably the engine oil dipstick that you found..

OP
OP
T

tgoldsworthy

Reaction score
Im pretty sure its the transmission fluid dip stick i saw. It says transmission fluid on the top of the dipstick

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you do have a trans dipstick, passenger side. The engine oil dipstick is in about the same place on the driver side. Put a light up against the cowl shining straight down, you should see the dipstick tube like 4-5" from the cowl. As noted it's a bit low and if the dipstick isn't in it it can be hard to see.