Power folding mirror cap & side marker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72stick

Reaction score
Anyone have experience replacing just the driver’s side mirror cap and turn signal marker?

My mirror cap is scuffed from an impact and part of the turn signal lens is missing.

I found a video that shows how to remove the mirror from the housing and pop the upper cap off.

Just wondering if we have folks that have done this already.

Last edited:
OP
OP

72stick

Reaction score
I found a replacement driver’s side mirror turn signal marker on line for like $30.

The local body shop installed it for $20!!! I tipped him $10 for doing it!!!

Considering a replacement used power folding mirror on eBay runs over $400 and it would have to be painted to match, this was a smoking hot deal to replace just the broken turn signal marker in the mirror!

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I found a replacement driver’s side mirror turn signal marker on line for like $30.

The local body shop installed it for $20!!! I tipped him $10 for doing it!!!

Considering a replacement used power folding mirror on eBay runs over $400 and it would have to be painted to match, this was a smoking hot deal to replace just the broken turn signal marker in the mirror!
Cool deal, but that video only shows how to remove/install the mirror body cap & glass, and nothing about the turn signal indicator bulbs, or the puddle lamps for that matter... as well as being practically non-understandable due to the creators lack of decent english language skills & accent....so not really much help IMO...just sayin :)