Power gains with basic mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
duals wont fit cuz of the irs(independent rear suspension). there isnt room for 2 pipes to go over the rear. i wanted true duals but had to settle for di/so cuz of the irs.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can make it fit if you dump them before the rear tires. but other then that theres no room.

Daytoman

Reaction score
a canned tune is one the programmer comes with. a custom tune is done by a shop who custom makes the tunes specifically for your car. usually using a dyno and a computer. you can get a "max power" tune, a towing tune, a fuel economy tune, etc. there are more people on here who should have more info. sctflash.com is for sct tuners and they give you locations of some shops that sell programmers and do custom tunes

I used a couple of custom tunes from a place that I found on the ford F-150 forum for my SCT programmer on my 06 F-150. It only had a full MagnaFlow dual exhaust on it. I could tell a nice difference. Not huge but with the "power" tune loaded up, it made a slight difference.

I told him my mods, then sent him my SCT tunner, he loaded up the tunes and sent the tuner back to me.

I could not tell any MPG gains with the "economy" tune...after about 3 weeks, I never used it again, waste of money on that one. The "power" tune did not seem to effect MPG much either way.

I would guess that with a good exhaust, intake and header all installed, you would see some decent results with the new tune. The best thing is to actually take your truck in after the parts are installed and have someone put a custom dyno tune on your truck. Then you KNOW you are getting the best results. Its pricey though and good shops could be hard to find.

Good luck.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone have duals on their 2004's? EB's? i havent looked here in VA, but in FLA when i got my swept-side they told/showed me why duals wouldnt fit...the spare at least on my truck is shifted to the left not giving enough clearance to get the piping through...has anyone tackled this problem?

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does anyone have duals on their 2004's? EB's? i havent looked here in VA, but in FLA when i got my swept-side they told/showed me why duals wouldnt fit...the spare at least on my truck is shifted to the left not giving enough clearance to get the piping through...has anyone tackled this problem?

Run duals and then have them dump under the truck. That would be badass!!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
talls has duals in single out. but duals and dump before tires would be sick. i want to do duals and do side pipe before the tires. but i have room to have on both sides if i wanted.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the 1st gen, would it dump out ok infront of the wheel and look good? I think on mine the gas tank is pretty low, so the pipe would be low and look goofy, but I'd have to look at it again.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd rather not dump before wheels...i want them turn'd out behind each wheel....