Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there any specific process to lubing them? Can I just set them to 'out', and put a drop or two of a light oil like Triflow on the pivots then cycle them a few times, or is it more involved?
Not really. The main thing is to keep them clean. Since mine get clean from the wash, I lube them with Blaster spray lube, open and shut them a couple times and wipe off the excess. Pretty much any lube will work. I tried lithium grease spray but it was messy. So, I switched back to spray oil. There are a lot of opinions as to what lube to use. But I feel as long as it is a good lubricant it will work fine.

zeecarr

Reaction score
Yes, I would love this also. The constant in and out is crazy - especially for people who have kids and pets running around in their garage. Its not safe.

Very simple of Ford is listening:

Car is parked --> Boards out.
Car in drive and 3mph+ --> boards pull back in.

The other bad part is the delay doesn't work. The best work around for now is to use Forscan and set the delay to the max 255 seconds. Otherwise leaving the door cracked open will leave them out indefinitely.

Here is a previous thread and a post on how to set this up with Forscan: