Pro Trailer backup assist will not stay turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlmcclure

Reaction score
Sunday I had a trailer hooked to my 22 expy stealth. Trailer got unhooked with vehicle off. Monday morning I get in to go to work and as soon as I started the vehicle, pro trailer assist turns on and will not stay shut off. I turn it off and it comes back on, it's trying to detect a trailer which is not there. When I got home, I hooked the trailer back up/unhooked with the vehicle running, and I still can't get it to stop. I've googled for 2 days and can't seem to find any info on this other than unhooking the trailer with the vehicle running.

CDNRabbit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been getting a regular prompt to select the active trailer even though there isn't a trailer connected. It started a few weeks ago after disconnecting my TT. I wonder if it's related to your issue.

BetterDays36

Reaction score
trailer assist is for backing up. You have to add ther trailer via the towing option. RTF on how to do that. It's ver imortant to place tehh label in the correct position so the rear camera can do the backup assist. YOu need to be in an area where you can go foward and in reverse to "tune" your trailer. It is not for driving, it's for backing up with hands off using the dial to go in the direction you want the trailer to go.