Radio bugging out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Come out of the mechanic, fix an exhaust leak.. notice that my radio screen ((sync3) 8” is blinking.. everything works fine.. touchscreen phone connection just keeps blinking on and off ..

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the basic Sync radio in my 2013 and the vacuum fluorescent display is weak. I found out the other day after it went dark, that I could press on the front of the radio in a corner of the display and it lit back up and bright. There is a video on repairing mine that shows some surface mounted resistors that become desoldered. It does not look like that hard a fix to remove the radio and its front panel.

OP
OP
Daniel Mignano
Reaction score
Tried , didn’t work.. weird thing though right after I posted this, it started working as normal for about 2-3 minutes, then went back to blinking mode

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tried , didn’t work.. weird thing though right after I posted this, it started working as normal for about 2-3 minutes, then went back to blinking mode
Have you hard rebooted Sync? Press and hold the Radio Power Button and the next track until it goes dark. Do that 2 times in a row, and see if it helps.