Rare color combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCDavis

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm still on the search for the right Expy for me. I found a 2007 Expy EL Limited 4x4 that I really love. There's just one thing, I've never seen the two tone leather in this color before.
It's a black Limited, with black leather seats with a copper/saddle colored insert.
I've seen the chocolate brown with beige inserts, but never this two tone.
Is it factory?
How rare is it?

OP
OP
M

MCDavis

Reaction score
It almost is. Here's one of the dealer shots of the front buckets. I know it's not a KR, but I've never seen the black and copper.

Attachments

• 106278P_09.jpg
    106278P_09.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the prior owner did not have it custom Id say the seats were switched with a set of KR.

OP
OP
M

MCDavis

Reaction score
All three rows are the same. I really like the interior but it bothers me that I haven't seen it anywhere else.

I guess it's likely that a swap could have occured, but aren't the KR seats all one tone, not two tone?

OP
OP
M

MCDavis

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Did some research. Looks like you could have an option to have "caramel colored inserts" on your Limited trim Expy's for 2007.
Only found one site that states this. Still digging

GDDYUP

Reaction score
It could be as simple as the original owner paying for the dealer to install the "King Ranch" seat covers before delivery. Way back when when I was a tech, I did a lot of these. New owners couldn't find a car in inventory that had say, leather seats. They would option in the leather seats as a "buy it now" option with the sales staff. I put more leather seat coverings into Camrys and Avalons than I care to count! :)

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya it is factory there are some people on other forums that have that interior color

OP
OP
M

MCDavis

Reaction score
So I called this dealership last night to inquire about that EL and this is what the salesman tells me "Sorry sir, but the dealership OWNER just walked in here about 2 hours ago and checked that vehicle out for his personal use. We honestly do not know when it will return. If you would like, please call us later in the coming week."

How awesome is that? Just my luck. I'm thinking it must be a nice ride.