Rear blend door, replace gear or whole thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notserpmh

Reaction score
So I have a 2011 Expy that is new to me. When checking it out at the dealer, the blend door behind the dash was clicking and I had him replace both before I bought it. That fixed that, or so I thought. Now the rear blend door is clicking.

From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure I can get to and replace the rear one myself (at least one of the two), but I'm a bit torn here. Apparently the Ford OEM part is pretty bad and eventually I'll just be back here again.

I saw these on ebay,which is just the gear that tends to strip, but it claims it is much stronger and has a "lifetime warranty". I don't necessarily trust an eBay seller's lifetime warranty, but was curious if anyone had tried these gears and seen if they seem to last longer than the Ford replacement.

At the $20 or so difference, the cost isn't that huge of a deal, but if I could fix it and not worry about it again for a long time, I'd much rather go that way.

Thanks!

bret191

Reaction score
I have used them with success but I just buy after market units complete for $35 off of EB now.. Rears are very easy to change.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear are easy to change. You can find videos on Youtube that will walk you through it. Hopefully you have better luck than me. I replaced mine and after two to three months the clicking was back. I've replaced with aftermarket and Ford parts and the clicking keeps coming back.

In my case the gears aren't striping, but opening up then staying open. Then next time I start my truck the gear starts trying to open the already open actuator.

Eventually figured out that if you turn the radio up enough you don't hear the clicking. lol

Good luck