Rear Entertainment Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has developed a software update for the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) in 2020-2023 vehicles to avoid previously described Deep Sleep FordPass/LincolnWay notifications, per the following newly issued Special Service Message...

SSM 51449 2020-2023 Various Vehicles - SYNC3 - Inaccurate Deep Sleep Notifications In FordPass/LincolnWay

Some 2020-2023 Ford and Lincoln SYNC3 equipped vehicles may experience an inaccurate notification in the FordPass®/LincolnWay® app indicating Vehicle Has Entered Deep Sleep Mode. Vehicle Has Entered Deep Sleep Mode message is expected if the vehicle has not been started for 14 consecutive days, battery voltage is at/below 9.5 volts or the body control module (BCM) 12 volt battery state of charge (SoC) drops below 50%. If the vehicle is going into deep sleep outside these conditions, this may be due to the telematics control unit (TCU) software. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the TCU to the latest software. For claiming, use causal part 14G229 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Attached below as PDF documents are 2018-2022 Expedition wiring diagrams depicting the fuses associated with the Family Entertainment System...

Attachments

• 2018 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2018 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2019 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2020 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2020 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2021 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2021 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2022 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 0

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Attached below as PDF documents are 2023-2024 Expedition wiring diagrams depicting the fuses associated with the Family Entertainment System...

Attachments

• 2023 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2023 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2024 Family Entertainment System - Wiring Diagram - Fuses & Relays - 2024 Expedition Wiring Re...pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 2

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an Expedition/Navigator discussion Forum, so when you initially ask for fuse information, I provide Expedition wiring diagrams.

Now that you've repeatedly asked for information about Ford Explorer, it's clear you are seeking information on that model, which I first expected was a keyboarding typo or a spell-check correction gone wild.

As you say, F24 is shown as being 10-amp and for the Powertrain Control Manual.

The online 2021 Explorer Wiring Resource fuse information shows F134 identified as being for Police Provisions, due to the Explorer also being configured as the Police Interceptor Utility model.

Go with F134, since the Explorer Owner's Manual identifies it for the Family Entertainment System.

Good luck!

Tan Khai Nguyen

Reaction score
Thank you for your explanation. The issue came up in the Ford exlorer 2021 of my friend, after i proposed we could play some video for the enterntainment during a journey in May 2024. The owner has a smaller family hence hardly anyone ever sit in the backseat. Since then we realized we could play video on the driver seat head rest, the passenger side's came up then crashed, since then it flashed every hour or so, press on power button for 30 secs ... I guesses the only thing is disconnected from the power for a hard reset, either by disconnect the 3-wire connector under the passenger front seat, remove the fuse (has to be the entertainment system) or disconnect the battery.
A quick look under seat I could not find connector, in the fuse box inside car , underneath the dashboard, it does not contain a fuse F134, which according to online material should in the fuse box on the driver corner, allocated in the motor room Nope there is a cap with + and - sign, not quickly to be removed. Clearly to see confidence of my friend quickly dis-appeared
My friend was more concern , as he is not very technical person, about the complexity of the electronic system, some new unexpected faults could happen if we do something such drastically as remove completely the power to the car. So understandably he want to let the car sort out when next time coming to service by Ford.