Rear Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reyersk09

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 2002 Ford Expedition XLT and the rear seats do not have the Latch anchors in them for my child's car seat. Does anyone know what year I could possibly swap my seats out with that will fit in mine? If at all even possible? I want to make sure my child is better secured than just a seat belt through the back of it. TIA

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It appears the 2002 should have webbing straps for tethers. 3 in the 2nd row and 1 for the 3rd row. I attached the Owners Manual in case you don't have it. Page 147 details child seat install and has a diagram of the tether straps in a page or 2 later.

If you wanted to swap the seats you might be able to swap in Gen 2 Expedition(2003-2006) seats for the 2nd row using the original seat mounts/brackets. I'm not certain they would fit, but they are similar. My 2004 2nd row seats each have a steel hoop for the tether connection. The 3rd row seats are totally different and I don't believe they could be swapped in. The 3rd row seats only have 1 strap tether anyway just like the 2002.

Attachments

• 2002_Expedition_Owners_Manual.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 0