Source for Replacement Lug nuts- 011 EL Limited w/ 20" Factory rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Hello ALL,

I have read all the horror stories about the factory lug nuts swelling & stripping off the cheap outer cover part that leaves only the bare fuggily nut exposed for all to see, including mother nature...

Therefore, I am shopping for some high quality BLACK (satin or gloss no matter) NON-locking replacements...

I have checked all the usual places like Rock Auto, FPG, Tasca, PartsGeek etc, and found what appears to be some real nice ones on da Zonner (yea I need a set of 24)...

I don't mind paying for quality parts, but I don't wanna waste my money either....

Does anyone have a source that sells nice ones that are made in the good ole USA for a reasonable price ?

TIA for any help :D

Hardcase60

Reaction score
It looks like those check all the boxes except the country of origin. With good reviews and at $3.95 each the price ain't bad. Good hunting!

Looking at an another older post discovered this:

On Amazon I found Zoffi black forged one-piece lug nuts. They claim to fit my vehicle (large acorn seat), and have a diagram with the proper measurements (incuding the proper 21mm hex size), and they were $43 for 24.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigOleFordFan

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
On Amazon I found Zoffi black forged one-piece lug nuts. They claim to fit my vehicle (large acorn seat), and have a diagram with the proper measurements (incuding the proper 21mm hex size), and they were $43 for 24.
I looked at that brand too, they look nice and are less $$ than the others I looked at, but the fact that they specifically state "Do not use with Impact wrenches" (which virtually every tire shop uses) makes me question their long-term durability...

So apparently this is yet another case of "Cheap is as cheap does", heeheehee :D

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
There's a company called Gorilla Lug Nuts or something like that with well-reviewed products, I just went for the cheap lugs on Amazon until I decide on new wheels. I wouldn't trust nice lugs to a tire shop though, I'd take the 15 minutes to switch to my old lugs before bringing it in. Of course no matter what you do you'll want to immediately break the lubetech's deft work with the impact after getting your rig back, before bi-metallic corrosion causes you to slip a disc on the side of the road

Moeman

Reaction score
I replaced my F150 lug nuts with chrome Gorilla. I'm happy with them. They make black lug nuts as well in hex or spline drive.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015, I replaced the lug nuts with Gorillas. I called Gorilla to confirm the ones Amazon recommended were correct: They told me to get the longer size...works great.

Johnathan M

Reaction score
I looked at that brand too, they look nice and are less $$ than the others I looked at, but the fact that they specifically state "Do not use with Impact wrenches" (which virtually every tire shop uses) makes me question their long-term durability...

So apparently this is yet another case of "Cheap is as cheap does", heeheehee :D
I would assume the reason to not use an impact gun is not due to weakness in the lug nut, but rather due to messing up the finish on the new nuts. Especially for a gloss black. An impact will definitely mar the finish more than taking them off by hand. I bought a cheaper set of chrome finish on Amazon (splined) and have been very happy with them. I use an impact to remove them (I install them with a torque wrench) and have not had any issues.

walshine

Reaction score
Like Flight-ER-Doc, I also have 2015 and replaced mine with the longer Gorilla chrome nuts. Look great, perform great, very satisfied with them.