Stainless Brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnb21

Reaction score
Anyone try stainless steel braking lines yet in their 4th Gen? Just wondering if it cleans up the terrible factory pedal feel. Thanks!

LyoddChrissmiss

Reaction score
I’m sure it does, if you really desire to tackle to job and cost

Now I did it on my Dirt bike and it’s a night and day difference. But there’s no comparison to a car

OP
OP
J

Johnb21

Reaction score
My question is more related to how all the accident avoidance features maybe impacting the pedal feel, or if most of the mushy feel is from a lame mechanical braking system (ie., lines, master cylinder, etc.).
I have upgraded to stainless lines on many vehicles, but they were older and didn't have much for tech besides ABS.
thanks again..

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like to put those SS hoses on classic cars. Maybe your brakes are messed up? I think the pedal feels fine. Felt ok with close to a max load trailer behind it this last summer. I’d sure tell you if I didn’t like the pedal feel. I’m busy looking for another muscle car. I specially seek out the ones with manual brakes since I’ve always liked those the best.

CaptainKrunch

Reaction score
The only problem I have had with brakes in 30 plus years of driving is with stainless steel braided brake hoses. I hit the pedal hard one day and it blew the hose open right where the crimped ferrule and braid come into contact. Fortunately I was about a block from home. That was several years ago and I will never use braided again.