Steering Grinding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlakeMAX2019

BlakeMAX2019

Reaction score
Update: so in my effort to isolate this I switched it into different gears, sound is still there. It doesn’t make the sound while turning the wheel to the left either. In addition, does not seem to make the sound when warm. Essentially, it makes the noise while turning the wheel to the right, vehicle is cold. The noise sounds like the tire is rubbing on something (factory size tires) but it’s not the tire because the car can be stationary and it still makes the noise. The wheel doesn’t have to be against the stops either.

I’m assuming something with the electric steering? Not a mechanic, just my guess.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem with 2015. I've researched and found nothing of consequence. I'm preparing to start some dis- assembly diagnosis and I'll let you know what I find. Just a sub-note, I'm a Master Technician with over 45 years experience and this one has me baffled.
Could it be this?
Equipment Recall