Sun roof rattle, yes again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js1990

Reaction score
@js1990 I almost always pop the sunroof to make the rattle stop. All the rattles are driving me crazy.
Yeah, I know. It’s ridiculous. For a $70k+ vehicle you’d think the quality would be a little better.
I was able to fix the passenger side roof handle rattle. Now I’m dealing with the sunroof and driver side window rattle.
Hopefully the grease that I ordered will fix it. I was able to get it off eBay for $60

amanwithaplan

Reaction score
Hi all. I had an issue with my 2021 Expedition Max Platinum (w/ pano-sunroof), where I'd hear a rattle/hit (not sure how to describe it), every single time I'd hit the slightest bump, including a small crack on the road. I took it to the dealership and they verified my concern and had it for the three days until I finally got it back. Here's the service report:

Screenshot_20240816_183717_Gallery.jpg

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all. I had an issue with my 2021 Expedition Max Platinum (w/ pano-sunroof), where I'd hear a rattle/hit (not sure how to describe it), every single time I'd hit the slightest bump, including a small crack on the road. I took it to the dealership and they verified my concern and had it for the three days until I finally got it back. Here's the service report:

View attachment 81920
Thats awesome that the tech actually looked into and tried to find the issue (and fixed it) rather than the normal Ford tech diagnosis as "normal rattle"