Those who have Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the premiumcare with all option

My 3rd brake light has a few LED's out (about 40% out) im assuming by moisture cause I can see it in the housing. Do you think my premiumcare w/LED lighting option will cover a new replacement ? I can aee Ford saying that it needs to be totally out before replacing tho.....

Anyone ever have this same situation covered?

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get the premiumcare with all option

My 3rd brake light has a few LED's out (about 40% out) im assuming by moisture cause I can see it in the housing. Do you think my premiumcare w/LED lighting option will cover a new replacement ? I can aee Ford saying that it needs to be totally out before replacing tho.....

Anyone ever have this same situation covered?
They should cover it. The light probably does not meet intensity requirements with that many LED's burned out. It cannot be repaired by any means.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my Expedition as a CPO, which carried the Premium plan with it at the time. I had nearly $20k worth of repairs done in about ~25k miles with the vast majority of that being related to the Limited features. They replaced the climate control panel, all of the climate-controlled seat components, the backup camera, the entire power running board assembly on both sides, etc. They also fixed an oil pan leak, replaced 2 struts in the rear and replaced a couple idler pulleys. That's all I can recall off the cuff, but there might be some other things they did as well. I paid $100 per service visit (2-3 visits). In short, I would recommend the Premium plan. ESP pricing varies wildly though, so shop around (unless you're in Florida I suppose, where you pay out the nose no matter who you buy from).

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 and got the premium ESP in 2022 at 75k miles for $3810. I got the 60mo/48kmi plan with key, lighting and 3 year maintenance package from Lombard Ford. So thankful I got it when I did (after radiator hose leak/$900). The lighting warranty has already paid off, both of my headlights went bad and had to be replaced in the last year. I’ve had other random work done, the dealership does everything together so I only have to pay the $100 deductible for multiple service items. I definitely made a rash decision and bought a dud Expy but this ESP has made it all better .
My cat (or O2 sensors) are going bad, throwing codes every few weeks then disappearing, my rep said emissions isn’t covered under warranty so that’ll be $2-$3k out of pocket but that’s it so far for what hasn’t been covered.
Aren't cats and some other exhaust emission stuff covered until 80 or 100K?

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive always purchased the Premium care warranty which is supposed to be as close to Bumper To Bumper as you can get, and in general has been money well spent.

I will say even with the Premium Care, Ford will try to weasel out of repairs.

A leaking positive battery terminal (known problem) on my 2017 wiped out the battery and positive cable - which is not a 2’ long traditional battery cable with terminal (battery and battery cable specifically excluded) but a 10’ long harness with 20 or so connections costing $400-$600 depending on the source, plus another $400-600 in labor again, depending on who is doing the repair.

In spite of the fact this failure was caused by known issues and the damaged item was clearly an electrical “harness” not a battery “cable” they refused to cover the repair.

So long story short, they WILL try to screw you, if they can.

I ended up purchasing a new battery (which failed again in 18mo but replaced free then) and sourced a new factory identical terminal which I crimped onto the end of the factory harness.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 and got the premium ESP in 2022 at 75k miles for $3810. I got the 60mo/48kmi plan with key, lighting and 3 year maintenance package from Lombard Ford. So thankful I got it when I did (after radiator hose leak/$900). The lighting warranty has already paid off, both of my headlights went bad and had to be replaced in the last year. I’ve had other random work done, the dealership does everything together so I only have to pay the $100 deductible for multiple service items. I definitely made a rash decision and bought a dud Expy but this ESP has made it all better .
My cat (or O2 sensors) are going bad, throwing codes every few weeks then disappearing, my rep said emissions isn’t covered under warranty so that’ll be $2-$3k out of pocket but that’s it so far for what hasn’t been covered.

O2 sensors (and catayltic converters) are a LOT cheaper from an indepedent shop. just insist they use good parts, Ford or Motorcraft O2 sensors, and cats from Mangaflow or Walker. A gas analyzer combined with o2 sensor data logging should tell whether its the o2 sensors or the cats themselves. Hmm, looks like Mangaflow has direct fit cats for Expeditions, they claim 280219 (right) and 280218 (left) are 47 state direct fit.

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
It cannot be repaired by any means.
Repairable, probably not, but replacable, absolutely....there are numerous YT vids that show you how....

I know mine is an earlier model (2011, which are much simpler), but replacing the OEM 3rd brake light with $35 LED one took all of 5 minutes with a Phillips screwdriver...I also replaced all the headlights (low & high), turn signals F&R and brake light bulbs with LED's in about 30 mins :)

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ive always purchased the Premium care warranty which is supposed to be as close to Bumper To Bumper as you can get, and in general has been money well spent.

I will say even with the Premium Care, Ford will try to weasel out of repairs.

A leaking positive battery terminal (known problem) on my 2017 wiped out the battery and positive cable - which is not a 2’ long traditional battery cable with terminal (battery and battery cable specifically excluded) but a 10’ long harness with 20 or so connections costing $400-$600 depending on the source, plus another $400-600 in labor again, depending on who is doing the repair.

In spite of the fact this failure was caused by known issues and the damaged item was clearly an electrical “harness” not a battery “cable” they refused to cover the repair.

So long story short, they WILL try to screw you, if they can.

I ended up purchasing a new battery (which failed again in 18mo but replaced free then) and sourced a new factory identical terminal which I crimped onto the end of the factory harness.

100%. They lubed up my running boards 4-5x before they finally agreed to replace them. With my idler pulleys, I had to get out the stethoscope and be 100% certain that was the source of my accessory drive noise as they said if I was wrong it would be a $150+ diagnostic fee. Then with the rear struts, they insisted they were shocks and not covered. My independent mechanic said "Put the tech on the phone and I'll explain to him why those are struts." Ten minutes later after a lot of "uh huh, yep" from the Ford tech, he agreed they were struts and thus covered. It was always a battle with them though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justink995