Took my 2020 into dealer last week for….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the discussion everyone. I am expecting the dealer is planning to replace the valve body in the transmission per the TSB. Given the known design flaw in the clutch drum I am not optimistic of that resolving our harsh shift issues. Particularly since the problem has persisted since day one of ownership at 0 miles, albeit intermittently.

Has anyone here had their valve body replaced and NOT had to return for a rebuild/swap of the transmission thereafter?
Yes valve body can cure some shifting issues. If it keeps showing the symptoms, they will go ahead and rebuild.

mhExped

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought the transmission "learning mode" disabled the gear skips. However, I can find nothing in writing at the moment to back that up

In the case I am right about that, I would expect a brand new Expy to be in learning mode when driven off the lot. Perhaps that could be the explanation for the lack of skips in this particular Expy?