Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bocabimmer

Reaction score
I'm getting mine back tomorrow with a new CDF. Total time out of my driveway: 72 hours. Total cost: $100, thanks to the Ford ESP. Assuming they didn't mess anything up, I'm floored.

At this point my advice to any Expedition owners is factor an additional ~$2,000 into the purchase price of the vehicle and just get the plan. You're almost guaranteed to need it at some point.

bocabimmer

Reaction score
Well, the transmission feels 1000% better than it was. Let’s see if it still does in a month. Looks like more than the CDF was damaged… is that normal?
IMG_3737.jpeg

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In reading this it appears you got an excellent tech, who has been through these repairs before. Hopefully the new parts he installed were improved over those the unit was initially manufactured with. Hope you have 75000 or more trouble free miles.

bocabimmer

Reaction score
In reading this it appears you got an excellent tech, who has been through these repairs before. Hopefully the new parts he installed were improved over those the unit was initially manufactured with. Hope you have 75000 or more trouble free miles.
They list out the part numbers replaced on another page. Does Ford change the part number for a part when a revision takes place?