Well...this happened...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone decided they needed to turn left out of a gas station without looking first.
His Jeep Compass is toast. I'm wondering if insurance will total my expo though... 230k, but in pristine condition. Freaking drivers.IMG_2394.JPG
IMG_2402.JPG

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone decided they needed to turn left out of a gas station without looking first.
His Jeep Compass is toast. I'm wondering if insurance will total my expo though... 230k, but in pristine condition. Freaking drivers.View attachment 75114
View attachment 75115
Well.....that sucks.....what a beautiful expedition too!!!!!!!!! Sorry that happened and hoping that the insurance company won't total it.

Calman2k

Reaction score
That sucks. I'll bet if there is frame damage they total it. If its cosmetic or bolt on parts they might fix it.

Woody1664

Reaction score
Had a motorcycle 2 years ago take out my front end while my truck was parked legally in front of my house. 4500.00 worth of damage, insurance paid for it. Unfortunately the motorcyclist didn't have insurance, so I was just out my deductible. He knocked the alignment out a ton.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, All of my cars have Dash Cams in them. You can get a decent one for around $100 or less. Just makes sense now. Because you never know when you will need that witness.

melackey

Reaction score
it's not the cost of repair that will total it. It's the $6k rental bill you'll run up while waiting for all the damn parts to come in 5 months later.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it's not the cost of repair that will total it. It's the $6k rental bill you'll run up while waiting for all the damn parts to come in 5 months later.
This is the TRUTH. I made the guy's insurance company rent me a truck, since I lost my ability to tow my kid's HS band trailer.
They claim they're going to fix it. I honestly don't think frame is bent. We will see.
I added up receipts of the work I've had done on it in the last 2.5 years. Freaking $6800, including phasers/timing chain job done. I opted to fix instead of trying to afford a new one, so my expy was set to go another 100-200k.
Believe me...I will go to battle to recoup those repair costs (if they total it), I have detailed receipts.