What's Missing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AC took a dive on me, so wandered around the dealership looking at Expy's while it was being fixed. Took a 2024 Timberline 4X4 for a ride, nice truck but it didn't ride a well as my 2021 KR 4X4. It didn't seem to be as well "planted" sorta bit more movement or sway in a turn or lane change to the point that my wife was questioning it. My KR has CCD, sales guy said that they have something different now. Also that huge screen is really big and bright, wonder if it will dim enough for night driving and still be viewable. It did have a noticeable boost in HP though. SOP dyno felt like an additional 50HP stronger than my KR. Here's something to watch on the 2024's. A friend that works for Ford dealer who happened to call me during the test drive said to run it up over 80MPH and see if there was a vibration. Seems that some get a vibration beyond 70MPH and after changing wheels and tires they can't stop it. Not the "death wobble", but a vibration. The timberline I was driving was smooth but that bit of sway was there. All and all a nice truck, fast as heck but the ride left thinking. ymmv

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its purposely jacked up, that in itself makes anything handle far worse. Then you add tires with more rubber sidewall to sway all over as you turn. It wasn't designed to be a good handling unit. Your KR has 22" wheels and lower suspension, so it lays on the road better and will hands down handle better.

I'm so baffled that every manufacturer now thinks its "cool" to sell every new model with a jacked up version. Its like everyone is back in high school trying to impress their GF! I mean a jacked up Telluride, Come on..... lol

19FX4Max

Reaction score
Its purposely jacked up, that in itself makes anything handle far worse. Then you add tires with more rubber sidewall to sway all over as you turn. It wasn't designed to be a good handling unit. Your KR has 22" wheels and lower suspension, so it lays on the road better and will hands down handle better.

I'm so baffled that every manufacturer now thinks its "cool" to sell every new model with a jacked up version. Its like everyone is back in high school trying to impress their GF! I mean a jacked up Telluride, Come on..... lol
Some people need the extra clearance that the off road models provide and others will only see pavement. I wouldn’t say it’s just cool or that it’s new. Mfgs have been making off road versions that are typically .7” to 1.5” higher than the non-off-road models since at least the 90s. I typically buy and use the off road models, I have no use for 22inch wheels and low ride height.

Last edited:

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you saw what my 22's look like and how jacked up the fiber "skid plates" are on mine, you could understand why some might like a little lift and taller sidewalls. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoodemoot