Why JLT Catch Can at 4x the cost of other options on Amazon & EBay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like you're overthinking this one. JLT catch can is a proven product, installs quickly, easily unscrews for emptying, and just plain works. Just my two cents worth.
THIS! This right here.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get that and I am reluctant to buy offshore stuff. However would a dip stick not be advisable ? Or a drain valve *? Why do some have vents?
I just wanted to learn a little more from people like you with experience.
Offshore Stuff? Some of the parts for the kits come from Non-US sources I am sure, but that is a Guarantee for the eBay/Amazon cheap kits. The JLOSC(JLT) kits are developed, tested, assembled, and shipped out Virginia in the United States. So OffShore, is not really what I would call it.

Dipstick? This isn't a level you are checking. Just unscrew and dump. Some of the really expensive kits have a drain valve, but in my opinion it is overkill. It is a closed system, so vents are not advisable.

OP
OP
W

Woodwolf

Reaction score
Offshore Stuff? Some of the parts for the kits come from Non-US sources I am sure, but that is a Guarantee for the eBay/Amazon cheap kits. The JLOSC(JLT) kits are developed, tested, assembled, and shipped out Virginia in the United States. So OffShore, is not really what I would call it.

Dipstick? This isn't a level you are checking. Just unscrew and dump. Some of the really expensive kits have a drain valve, but in my opinion it is overkill. It is a closed system, so vents are not advisable.
Appreciate your response, but I think you missed my objective. I simply wanted a little more education about the market and the different options available, like why are some units vented?
Based on the feedback I get my request is misunderstood and with offshore stuff I meant evrything else but JLOSC

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your terms and questions created additional questions, that I asked. I also answered all of your questions...

You basically implied JLOSC was expensive. It is VERY much the opposite. It does what it claims(captures Blowby and Oil vapors, and prevents them from leading to deposits in your intake), for a VERY good price. With an actual company you can call or e-mail if you do actually have an issue.

There are high end kits out there with cans for both sides of the motor, and drain valves, that require drilling and modifying existing hoses, that are 2 and 3 times the price. You might get 5% more collected in those kits that cost WAY more. It is a waste of time and money. The cheap Amazon/Ebay kits many times don't actually collect much, because they have no screen or baffle to slow down the vapor so it can cool and condense to be collected in the can. SO they basically do nothing.

There are tons of threads on here about the Cans with pictures of what people collected on your exact motor. I suggest you do a search and take a look! I think you will get many more of your questions answered. If you have anymore specific questions, I should be able to answer them.

OP
OP
W

Woodwolf

Reaction score
Your terms and questions created additional questions, that I asked. I also answered all of your questions...

You basically implied JLOSC was expensive. It is VERY much the opposite. It does what it claims(captures Blowby and Oil vapors, and prevents them from leading to deposits in your intake), for a VERY good price. With an actual company you can call or e-mail if you do actually have an issue.

There are high end kits out there with cans for both sides of the motor, and drain valves, that require drilling and modifying existing hoses, that are 2 and 3 times the price. You might get 5% more collected in those kits that cost WAY more. It is a waste of time and money. The cheap Amazon/Ebay kits many times don't actually collect much, because they have no screen or baffle to slow down the vapor so it can cool and condense to be collected in the can. SO they basically do nothing.

There are tons of threads on here about the Cans with pictures of what people collected on your exact motor. I suggest you do a search and take a look! I think you will get many more of your questions answered. If you have anymore specific questions, I should be able to answer them.
Oh boy, this is getting a little sensitive. As a Canadian customer not having free shipping and a bad exchange rate I think it is reasonable to look a little deeper and ask some questions before spending big bucks.
But rest in piece, I have in the meantime ordered a kit from JLOSC with the 3 ounce extension. My bottom line for this purchase was CAD 346.00 Inc. Shipping.
I agree the service and Communication I got from JLOSC was top notch.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh boy, this is getting a little sensitive. As a Canadian customer not having free shipping and a bad exchange rate I think it is reasonable to look a little deeper and ask some questions before spending big bucks.
But rest in piece, I have in the meantime ordered a kit from JLOSC with the 3 ounce extension. My bottom line for this purchase was CAD 346.00 Inc. Shipping.
I agree the service and Communication I got from JLOSC was top notch.
Congratulations on your purchase. Other kits from the US would have had similar shipping/exchange issues.

Sensitive? I am so confused. Many people answered your questions including myself, in addition to suggesting you do a search on here, where you can find many threads, with pictures and customers reviews. This has been discussed MANY times, and A LOT of good info is available on you specific application.

Enjoy your kit.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shit, I go through life a little confused. Easier that way! lol