Wiper recall - was 2019 included?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This freaking truck, I tell ya. Waiting on Trans rebuild #2 in a couple weeks, then dealer is going to trouble shoot poor running….but in the meantime, the wipers stopped working in the rain last night with 6 of us onboard on the way home from county fair. Grrr

First they got stuck halfway up the glass, then they wiped a couple times and then got stuck a few more. Had a couple bug splatters but nothing crazy.

This morning they worked great.

What made the 2020-2021 wiper recall unique (ie, what changed versus my 2019??). It is a 2019 Platinum with rain sensing wipers.

I’ll just add this to the list for the dealer to fix (linkage or wiper transmission I assume?)

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This freaking truck, I tell ya. Waiting on Trans rebuild #2 in a couple weeks, then dealer is going to trouble shoot poor running….but in the meantime, the wipers stopped working in the rain last night with 6 of us onboard on the way home from county fair. Grrr

First they got stuck halfway up the glass, then they wiped a couple times and then got stuck a few more. Had a couple bug splatters but nothing crazy.

This morning they worked great.

What made the 2020-2021 wiper recall unique (ie, what changed versus my 2019??). It is a 2019 Platinum with rain sensing wipers.

I’ll just add this to the list for the dealer to fix (linkage or wiper transmission I assume?)

Can’t answer why the wiper safety recall was different.

The issue with the wipers you reported may not lie with the wiper motor or transmission - but may involve the Rainsense system.

I have it on my 2015 Expedtion Limited and hate it - so I turned it off quite some time ago in the DIC selections’ menu. It would work intermittently, and at times, not operate the wipers when it was raining hard (and turn on the wipers when it was not raining).

If the wiper transmission assembly was defective, I would suspect the problem would continue.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, I would disable the auto wipers and see if the issue persists. Mine would drive me crazy in light rain by constantly changing speeds. Messed with a little OCD in me there. Another one of those automatic items I found wasn't any easier or better than just moving my fingers a smidge to turn them on and off as needed.