No Rear anything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2000 EB with rear heat and air. I checked the fuses and they were good, so I guess I need to find the blower motor and check for power there.

Can anyone tell me where this is located?

OP
OP
O

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6 views and nobody knows? lol

if you lean the 3rd row seat fwd, on the drivers side behind a removable section of the panel. I found it.

anyway, checked with a test light, and I am getting voltage back there so I assume its the blower motor and will replace it tomorrow.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple things:

1. I'm assuming this is a manual control A/C (as opposed to the electric one)?

2. I know you said you checked them, but just to be sure, fuses 114 (30A) and 7 (5A) are good, right?

3. Take fuse 7 out. Take a voltmeter and check the voltage between the fuse 7 socket and ground. It should be greater than 10V.

4. Assuming step 3 passed, go to the blower motor. Disconnect the connector. Measure the voltage at the auxiliary blower motor connector, circuit 536 (BK/LG), and circuit 515 (O/R). Is it more than 10V?

SYJusenfileAM1790A_gifgenref.gif

If it is, replace the blower motor (I can post instructions for that). If not, go to next step.

5. Measure the voltage between the auxiliary blower motor connector, Circuit 536 (BK/LG), and ground.

Is it more than 10V?

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok, you have my attention...I pluged in the new blower motor, without mounting it, and it does not work...therefore I did not buy it...but obviosly one wire is not power and one is ground sooo..

I don't own a multi meter...guess I have to buy one.

1. my front system is the eatc or whatever its called, but the rear controls are manual. fuse 114(30 amp maxi fuse) is good, #7 is good also.

2. o/r wire lights a test light, blk/gren do not...Guess I need to come up with a meter to go on from there.

so, even if it was the blower motor, would I have known by just plugging it in, or did it need to be mounted/grounded?

so, I guess its either one of the switches...(I have one in front, then one in rear also) or its the resistor pack?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be any of these things:
Fuse(s).
Circuitry short/open.
EATC.
Auxiliary blower motor relay.
Front/rear auxiliary blower motor switch.
Auxiliary blower motor.
Auxiliary blower motor resistor.

Get a multimeter. They aren't that expensive, and it's help diagnose better :)

phillip mac

Reaction score
Outkast,
have u figured anything out on your blower motor yet ?
I have a 2001 Expy with the same problem. I'm getting power to the motor but the motor won't come on. It worked the day I bought it (about a week ago) but the next time I tried it it was dead. I tested the blower motor with a battery charger and it works fine. Just wont come on in the vehicle.

OP
OP
O

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok, heres the new situation,

went to the junkyard...(made me feel good that there are not many X's there) got a blower motor,resistor/diode pack, and a new rear switch...installed them all and nothing. So being curious, I took off the center console and to my amazement, there was a harness completely unplugged. while it sounds too good to be true, it is. It fixed my blower. I have all speeds now , but no heat. my first thought was blend door, but after further inpection, the heater hoses have no heat to them. Is there a valve under the hood somewhere that opens/closes flow to the rear? Is there a seperate pump to send coolant to the back?

It makes me wonder why the previous owner would unhook that harness....

OP
OP
O

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
update.

Still don't know why the harness was unplugged, no dead batteries or shorts or anything. After more research, I decided that the rear heater core was plugged, so about 3 hours ago, I pulled off the hoses, connected my own and flushed it out...sure enough, lots of nasty rusty slimy guck came out. I hooked it back up and I have heat! the low on friday here is 9 degrees, boy is my son gonna be happy.

btw. when I first did it, it would only have heat at or around 2000rpms...cool air at idle...I'm thinking that the line was full of gunk too, and it just refilled the core with it again. I drove back here about 30 miles, and it was pretty good heat. probably 10-15 degrees colder than the front, but definatly heat.

I will probably take it apart this weekend and flush it again, just to make sure its clean, then apparently I need to do the rest of the system too.