00 Expedtion Front Differential Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

owner.ford.com

also check ford etis will give you information on what all was on the expy when built just enter your vin number

OP
OP
C

chrisluke50

Reaction score
Well, this job is a lot more involved to say the least. I ordered a factory service manual and I have to remove a few more things to be able to drop the axle support bracket. It's been a learning experience to say the least. Will update.

OP
OP
C

chrisluke50

Reaction score
I can't get the axle support to drop. I removed all bolts for the support and the bolts to the lower a-arm. My torsion bars seems to be keeping everything in place. I almost want to drop the front bar that connects to the lower control arm on the front. I removed all necessary bolts outlined in the service manual. Still won't drop. This is turning into a headache.

OP
OP
C

chrisluke50

Reaction score
Well after a little use of a huge pry bar it finally came out. It took me exactly three minutes to put the new one in. I took a lot of bolts out that I shouldn't have. No need to drop the axle support. Lesson learned.

OP
OP
C

chrisluke50

Reaction score
Ran into a huge problem. I had the front carrier in and took off and it felt like the front was bi ding up. Well, long story short. I have the wrong ratio. Someone took the time to swap differential ratio in the front and rear to 4.10 which would explain the ****** 10 mpg lol. How common is this swap? Was 4.10 available from factory or is it custom?

ediddily

Reaction score
If you have IWEs then that hose of the diff case would be vent. The vacuum lines run along the top portion of the frame cross member.