2003 4x4 susp. advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhaul

Reaction score
I am buying a 2003 4x4 Eddie Bauer that I would like to know all the usual stuff that needs attention in this models suspension, I have noticed the front tires "cup" real bad (angled surface on all tread blocks) causing tire hum. If you can throw all the "known problems" at me, I am willing to fix them all at once.:dogpile:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ball joints, inner tierod ends, check control arm bushings for wear and cracking, sounds like it is due for new shocks.

hub wheel bearing assembly's can go bad just check them well don't replace if no noise or movement.

alot of us upgrade to powerstop drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads on all corners to just a thought

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on powerstop drill/slott rotors/pads...im pushing those too...

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are towing I recommend the air lift coil spring helpers. They are bags that go inside the rear coils that take away trailer hop, I've been using them for years. Also depending on mileage, I'd replace the coil springs. I also have rancho 9000 adjustables and they are fantastic as well.