2007 HD Trailer Tow Aux Trans Radiator ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Would you guys with HD trailer tow (option 536) look at your auxillary transmission radiator for me please and count the radiator's channels.

The towing guide indicates it should be 11 channels. 7 channels is the standard, non towing option aux radiator.

My truck indicated it has the 536 option but only has the 7 channel aux radiator. Making me wonder if I have the larger engine coolant radiator now...

Thanks,

-- Chuck

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW - mine came back from the dealer upgraded and it was a five row and now has the 7 row. I have posted the p/n of the parts in another post.

Mark

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look thru the grill. The transmission radiator is in front of the engine radiator about 2/3 of the way up and runs the full width. "You can't miss it!" ;)

7 rows of fins on the HD version, 5 on the standard version. I fully admit I've not peeked at a non-HD tow package model only because I've not seen one parked. This info is from several sources including quoted emails from Ford so I'm confident.

-- Chuck

BlackExpy08

Reaction score
I looked at my sticker and it says I have the $395 "Heavy Duty Trailer Tow" option. Here is a pic of my radiator I just took. Dont know if this helps or not.
DSCN0160.jpg
DSCN0159.jpg

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's it. Seven (7) rows. (Only looked like six in the first photo.)

Nearly full width. I stated full width earlier, but this is as wide as they get.

Here's mine:

RXKWH-88521467-IMG_1132.JPG

AMAZE-16654929-IMG_1130.JPG

-- Chuck

Last edited:

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Chuck - would you do me a favor- Can you take a pic of the regular radiator from the top looking down to I can see the width?

If you look from the drivers side there is a small area which shows the plastic fan shroud and a view of how thick the rad actually is.

I am questioning that my dealer really installed the rad. during my upgrade because looking from the front, it does not have the nice new looking paint like the trans cooler. Maybe they all look like this, but I thought I would just check the width with someone who has the right one. I will take a pic tonight of the area and post it to compare.
Thanks
Edited -
Here is my trans cooler pic
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/boatrboy/Expedition - 2007/?action=view&current=IMG_1727.jpg

And here is my rad pic.
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/boatrboy/Expedition - 2007/?action=view&current=IMG_1725.jpg

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh92/boatrboy/Expedition - 2007/?action=view&current=IMG_1720.jpg

Last edited:

chevy24d

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chuck - Thank you very much. It appears that my rad. is the same as yours. I am relieved now.
Thanks again - Mark