2007 Turning Skip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djrainer

Reaction score
Have a 2007 Expy Limited and this problem seems to be getting worse. when doing a nearly full left stop turn, the vehicle was "Skippin", a feeling I use to get when turning on our 4WD Jeep with Wheels all Locked. Also getting a loud and felt clunk occasionally when backing up while applying the breaks. Thanks for any help. Due to take it in for oil this Saturday but want to try and see if I can find possibles before relying on the service tech only. 98,000 miles.

Starman

Reaction score
i have that skippin in my Bronco, but it needs a front end allignment. It drives straight as a board, but when the wheels are turned, they are slightly off parallel (for lack of better word), causing the tires to go in seperate directions, ever so slightly. So the tires are fighting each other for grip, therefore the skipping occurs.

Not saying you got this issue, but it's worth looking into, specially with 98k on it. Have them check the camber/caster, most cheap shops will only get you going straight. You could have some other stuff going on in teh front end.

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yah get an alignment thats my guess did you look under it to see if anything is loose?

is your 4wd stuck on?

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a 2007 Expy Limited and this problem seems to be getting worse. when doing a nearly full left stop turn, the vehicle was "Skippin", a feeling I use to get when turning on our 4WD Jeep with Wheels all Locked. Also getting a loud and felt clunk occasionally when backing up while applying the breaks. Thanks for any help. Due to take it in for oil this Saturday but want to try and see if I can find possibles before relying on the service tech only. 98,000 miles.

Has the rearend had it 100,000 scheduled. If it has a limited slip rear, the fluid may have broke down and causing the limited slip to bind. I had a similar problem with mine when I bought it and I took it to the dealer and they changed the fluid. that fixed it. If it goes to long, it will get bad enough and cause the whole rearend to need to be rebuilt.