2014 - Limited Shock Options - Lower Control Arm Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello,
I have ford Expedition 2014 XLT 4x4
I have option of Monroe OE Spectrum and Ford OEM.
How was your experience with Monroe shocks? Any other things I should change?
My car has lot of cabin noise coming from the side panels and front. What can i do for that?
I have few more questions regarding my car so if you could give their contact number I would really appreciate it.
That member hasn't been here since 2019.
Start your own thread, this might help
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/correct-way-to-start-a-thread.47954/

Welcome to the forum

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstein will work and KYB also. It will be cheaper to just buy the strut and swap everything over to it. I changed to kyb when the Bilstein was out of stock a maybe 7 or 8 years ago, but recently changed them back to Bilstein when i replaced them on 2010 Ford Expedition Limited 2wd.

1702866416745.png

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstein will work and KYB also. It will be cheaper to just buy the strut and swap everything over to it. I changed to kyb when the Bilstein was out of stock a maybe 7 or 8 years ago, but recently changed them back to Bilstein when i replaced them on 2010 Ford Expedition Limited 2wd.

View attachment 79638
What was your opinion of the KYBs and why did you switch back to the Bilsteins? I'm getting ready to replace my 4600s and thinking of going with KYBs.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The kyb were okay i had to swap them out for warranty at 50,000 since rockauto has lifetime warranty. They lasted another 50,000. This time i went to Bilstein since I do light towing sometimes for family and they seem to hold up better when the truck is full with passengers, gas and etc.. it feel more stable to be trueful.

Make sure that if you go with kyb take off the strut mounts off your old Bilsteins since you can not buy the strut mount from Ford or Bilstein put them up so if you ever decided to go back to Bilstein you can mount the shocks again.

OP
OP
V

VTHokie

Reaction score
That member hasn't been here since 2019.
Start your own thread, this might help
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/correct-way-to-start-a-thread.47954/

Welcome to the forum
I’ve checked in quite a bit, but probably not logged in with my username! Funny that this post came back up as I’m getting ready to replace the Monroe shocks I purchased when I originally started the post. They worked longer than the oem, but I’ve put about 55,000 miles on my 2014 since then and I’d say they’ve probably been shot for a while now. Since my original post, the Bilstein 5100’s have become an option and I will be going with them this time. Will probably tackle that job in the spring before I start regularly towing the boat again. By then I’ll be about due for new tires and I’ll likely change tires and shocks at the same time, get an alignment, and hopefully put another 55,000 on the Expedition!

Last edited: