2016 XLT drivers door power lock not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawaiiFiveOh

Reaction score
The wife is having an issue with the drivers door not unlocking with the fob. After checking a little bit, it does work with the door fully open. I’m thinking a broken wire in the door/boot to the cab. Has anyone had this happen? Just curious what color wires I’m looking for or anything to look out for, I haven’t started to dig into it at all. Thanks

Last edited:

THRFTY

Reaction score
YES! I have a 2015 with the same issue. I just replaced the driver door lock actuator/latch thinking that was the issue, but it remains. The driver door will lock/unlock with the inside switch, and with the fob when the door is open, but not when the door is closed, so I either can't lock an unlocked door with the fob, nor can I unlock a locked door with the fob. HELP!

My work around for now--either use the P-Key (in the fob) to mechanically unlock a locked driver door OR lock the door from the inside prior to exiting.

I wasted the time to replace the latch, but I learned about it from taking the door trim off and getting inside the door. the wire harnesses for all the switches are not very long. I can see these being abused when servicing the door, and wonder if the wires were inadvertently damaged in prior door servicing and perhaped aged enough in a slightly damaged state to cause an open circuit somewhere. I'm pretty baffled otherwise.

Last edited: