2019 XLT: 3rd Row Power Fold Not Working - Driver Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Driver's side 3rd row (60/40, 60 side) is not functioning. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Here the diagnostic steps and observations so far:

- Checked the fuse, it is not blown.
- Passenger side 3rd row (40 side) is fully functional
- I have removed the back floor panel to expose the wiring and motors. All visible connectors are secure (2x motors, and the 1x to the harness)
- When I press the power fold button for the 3rd row drivers side, I hear brief noise (~2s) coming from the motor(s) (not sure if it is one or both), and I also see the motor and bracket flex slightly from torque being applied, but nothing happens

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driver's side 3rd row (60/40, 60 side) is not functioning. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Here the diagnostic steps and observations so far:

- I have removed the back floor panel to expose the wiring and motors. All visible connectors are secure (2x motors, and the 1x to the harness)
- When I press the power fold button for the 3rd row drivers side, I hear brief noise (~2s) coming from the motor(s) (not sure if it is one or both), and I also see the motor and bracket flex slightly from torque being applied, but nothing happens
I have seen some threads talking about the seat belts hanging it up some how. This thread might be worth a read.

There are more threads to be found using the search feature.... Good luck!

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I have seen some threads talking about the seat belts hanging it up some how. This thread might be worth a read.

There are more threads to be found using the search feature.... Good luck!
I have searched and looked at those results. The reason I posted my exact scenario is in hopes of getting additional diagnostic help. Would you happen to know if anybody has a service manual they are willing to share?

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@CarlzExpedition Link to service manual

langleyq001

Reaction score

I had the same issue. I had to lift the smaller cover that is spring loaded (it goes up and down w/ the seat). Under this cover you will see the drive shaft, brackets, and motors that run the seat. I had to take off one of the brackets and press the button to open the seat. The seat opened/sat up, so I put it back down w/ the button and put the bracket back on. My guess is something got in the shaft and motors path that wouldn't let it move and so it would stop trying to lift so it doesn't ruin the motor. I haven't had an issue with the seat since I did this. Hope it helps.
Oh, the bracket I had to remove was on the left.
It was several months ago that I did this so I may be using the wrong term for what I removed... I don't think it was the bracket, it was more like the thing that holds the motor to the seat bracket. Basically once I removed this and hit the button the seat drive shaft was able to rotate. Once it was able to freely rotate I just put the "bracket" back on. I did have to keep 1 of the bolts out though because it wouldn't line up properly w/ both bolts installed.

OpticonBill

Reaction score
Once a month I run the FORScan utility to check for errors. Last Feb when I ran it, it gave me a Code B13B - Right Entry Output showing a fault possibly a circuit short or an open circuit to the Power Fold Seat Module. I took my vehicle (2019 MAX XLT) to the Ford Dealership. They found a damage wire in the wire bundle under the second-row seats. I don't often fold the seats down, so I wouldn't have known there was an issue until time came when I needed them to fold down. After seeing the FORScan error, I tested folding down the seats and got a similar result, I could hear a motor noise but nothing happening. After Ford service, all is well.

Note: I learned it's best to start the vehicle and let it run a bit before plugging in the ODB tool and starting the scan. Otherwise, you may pick up some communication errors between the modules. There are quite a few modules, and it takes a bit for the communication between all of them is established.