2nd Gen is the real deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They made the 4wd system better by far but then made the rear suspension considerably more weak then the 1st gen.. soo i still like my 1st gen and i don't like the explorer lookalike idea they are different all together they should look different IMO

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the audio delay was killing me. but still. i dont like the irs. i like my solid axle in the back. shes got some major flex and i think its more reliable cause of less moving parts. but still. i like the 3rd gens better than the 2nd gens. ahah but yeah sure the off road cability is better at stock, but i can still do more stuff in mine then i think talls can do in his. even though i did get stuck cause of my diff, but that was just an oops. he got stuck too. once. but that sick. he went flying up the hill! wish we had video of that one!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also those test that they did on the rollers the limited slip rear end that most of the 1st gens have would of handled that just fine

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont have a ls so i wouldnt know. but those tests are so biasit its so funny. whos really going to go to a curb with rollers and see if they can make it? or those up hill roller tests that chevy does. really? too funny.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree none of these test are real world and a different driver can make a big difference

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree none of these test are real world and a different driver can make a big difference

ive seen that done. when i was at tds i saw this heep that had full lockers low low low gears big tires and he couldnt make it up this little hill. this girl with open diffs 35s and 4.88 gears, low, but i think he had 6.something, and she made up first try. i was like really dude?!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ohhhh thats gotta hurt his pride but if you can't drive get out the seat...

we have a term for that in the trucking industry they are called steering wheel holders

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha thats funny. are those the people that miss shifts and blow their trannys or engines?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha thats funny. are those the people that miss shifts and blow their trannys or engines?

or don't use turn signals or hit stuff while backing up just not doing what they get paid to do..

unfortunetly they usually kill someone or end up on welfare either way is no good for the rest of us