After-market hoods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a different picture than what i have saved in my wishlist...the other one was functional and they covered the holes with mesh...seems like i will be taking it off my list since it has such horrible reviews.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most hoods on ebay are trash, you have to be VERY careful. I also subscribe to most fiberglass stuff being a complete pain and not very durable either. Either get steel, composite like some factory hoods are or carbon fiber (yes carbon fiber, just do it right and paint it). CF is ridiculously strong and will fit well if the manufacturer uses a quality mold. CF just has a bad stigma from all the boy racers driving around $500 1996 Civic hatchbacks with unpainted CF hoods on them .

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i found a nice body kit for under $1200...both bumpers/side skirts...the hood will set it off...so total project before paint about $2K...

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw my neighbor has the FMF Expedition which comes with the 3d carbon body kit. Now 3d carbob is a good company and even then I can still see waves in the bumper.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw the FMF for the 1st time earlier this week...i like the paint scheme...he was looking at my rims as i was looking at his paint...what do yall think about that scheme with other colors??? tempting...