Aggravations, Ford's retained ownership.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The keypad - Page 72 Owner's manual, middle of left column. In italits. "Note: You must have an intelligent access key within 3 ft of your vehicle." Found that after many frustrating attempts. Yours is a 2019 also, so I don't understand.

This is an error in the manual. I use the keypad about 5 times a week with no key nearby.

I believe key within 3 ft is in reference to programming the keypad.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The keypad - Page 72 Owner's manual, middle of left column. In italits. "Note: You must have an intelligent access key within 3 ft of your vehicle." Found that after many frustrating attempts. Yours is a 2019 also, so I don't understand.

That's very odd. I use the keypad when I don't have my key with me. Seems pointless to have the key close by when you can just stick your hand in the door handle to open it. I checked my manual to see if I had a different one, and it says the same thing. Like others have said, maybe to just program it.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's very odd. I use the keypad when I don't have my key with me. Seems pointless to have the key close by when you can just stick your hand in the door handle to open it. I checked my manual to see if I had a different one, and it says the same thing. Like others have said, maybe to just program it.

That's definitely what it is. As someone else said, it's mentioned in the section about programming new codes. In the section about unlocking and locking, it does not mention a key.