Bluetooth : Where are your Mics located?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My ac doesn't work and I barely ever use the heat so I put mine inside the vent

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I attached mine to the bottom of the rear view mirror. That way the passenger can also speak and be heard if neccessary.

Works great.

MassDuster

Reaction score
Mines right above the rear view mirror as well - sound is clear - people don't even know that Im speaking to them in the truck...I'll take a picture and try to get it posted today...

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed everything yesterday. I had a few hiccups along the way and by the time I was ready to do the Bluetooth mic, I just went for literally the easiest spot I could find. I haven't used it yet, so I may end up moving it later. The seam between these two panels is very easy to push the mic clip into and then it's a short trip for the wire from there to the back of the head unit. Sound quality, obviously, remains to be seen.

Attachments

• 2007_ford_expedition_limited-pic-38623.jpg
    2007_ford_expedition_limited-pic-38623.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 259

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to update that the above mic location works like a charm. People on the other end of the line can hear me, my front passenger and even my rear passengers with no problems.

grandebob

Reaction score
I ran mine to right above the rear view mirror. I'll post some pics later, since I just replaced my HU, feel the need to show off :)