CA Lemon LAw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Rustang

Reaction score
We had a intermittent transmission problem. Sometimes when you came to a stop, then started to go again the car would start to move, then suddenly your transmission seemed to go into neutral and the engine would just rev freely. Usually you would have to stop the car (now in the middle of an intersection), put it into park, then shift back to drive and it would work again. Sometimes it popped back into gear on its own. My wife used her phone and a phone holder on the drivers window to film the guages and out the windshield. One day she finally caught it. You could hear the engine rev, see the tachometer rev, and see the speedometer slowing down as you could see the truck slowing outside the windshield.
The sad part is it happened at the Ford dealer to one of their techs. He called me and asked me how to get it to do it again. I said I don’t know, that‘s why you have it. I unfortunately failed to get his name—later the dealership denied that event…that is why I said document everything.

69Rustang

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, to apply for the lemon law, it has to be in the shop for the same issue at least 3 times and/or for an extended period of time without resolution. A quick Google search will give you the basics on CA LL.