CB Antennas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the firesticks are all i run on my semi... i like how easy they are to adjust...

most people spend big money on the antenna's but forget the coax cable is more inportant...

to answer your question the firestick is as good as it gets IMO for a fiberglass whip antenna...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your going to pay about the same anywhere for ants. i would find a duel set. its about a few bucks less if you buy them together. it might seem cheaper on one post, but shipping is what gets you. so about $25 an ant isnt that bad. and i think its like $40 or 45 for a duel set of ebay.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
problem with duals is if you are not far enough apart the signals will cancel each other out and therefore duals would be worse....

but that is the same antenna I have except I went with a 3ft because I didn't want to hit everything I drive under.... with my mount and 3ft stik I have about 10" above the roof of my expy

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you run duals make sure you get the right coax to go with them...

i belive with duals you want 75 ohm coax and with a single you want 100 ohm

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
even single you want 75 ohm. the lower the ohms the better. think of it like this. 2 people standing next to eachother. person A has 50 ohm of resistance and person B has 200. which one would get hit most likely if lightning were to strike? person A cause of his smaller resistance number. that goes the same with car audio. 4 ohm vs 1 ohm.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the same antenna I just got. Once I get it mounted I'll definitely post some pics. I like it, it's pretty sturdy, just get the door mount that me and walnuts have.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Firestik antennas are the only ones i have used. I currently have a 5ft. ant. I mounted mine on the rear bumper. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 0805091601a-1.jpg
    0805091601a-1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5,926
OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already have my antennas mounted, but want longer antennas for better reception. For width, I have one antenna on each side of the rear door. Will this be sufficient distance. I priced it out to buy 2 of those antennas, and with shipping, it would be like $33. I will have to check the current coax I have, but I'm pretty sure its 75 ohm, its all my dad's old set up, and it was pretty nice, except for he got rid of the longer antennas. How flexible are these antennas? There is a chance I will hit them on something, but I don't really want to put springs on them, but can if needed.

picture.php

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they are kind of flexy. my uncles is in front of his spare on his heep, but its still flexy enough to go into the garage and have the tip hit. i would do springs just incase. but im thinking 102" whips now. with tennis balls. haha