Consequence of the Action

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So on Sunday I was heading home after my day at the mall when I decided I wanted to take a shortcut AND have a bit of offroad fun and took a really wet muddy road between the mall and the highway. Well I sure had a blast in the three minutes it took me to go blazing down it at 50 mph. When I skidded onto the highway I noticed something felt wrong. The front end felt WAY to soft, at first I thought I was riding on the spring and blew a shock...but no. The situation was much less enjoyable. After driving about 2 more miles at 55 mph I knew it wasn't the shocks because it was pulling really badly to the left. SO I pulled over in a neighborhood and took a look. My front left tire was completely flat no pressure at all and I could hear air leaking out the back left one. I knew I was f*cked if I didn't change out the front one before the rear when flat so I called my friend to help me change it and he was there in like 5 minutes and we changed it real quick and limped to TreadQuarter for what I hoped just a patch....NOPE. Front tire had 3 damn holes in it and couldn't be repaired and the rear had 2. They replaced the front tire and patched the rear. Was the 3 minutes of fun I had in the mud worth the $297.34 price tag? No. Not really.

For more pictures of my Expedition visit my newest photo album!

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0449.jpg
    DSCN0449.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0464.jpg
    DSCN0464.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 141

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ouch! makes me think twice about going off-roading...

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's why you usually don't go 50mph offroad... don't forget these things typically only have P rated tires not 10ply LT's - but major bummer for sure

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's why you usually don't go 50mph offroad... don't forget these things typically only have P rated tires not 10ply LT's - but major bummer for sure

That sucks man, but that's why I have 10 plys :) I can run some shit over and not think about it too much, but I try to stay away from sharp stuff, but there are so many damn rocks in this state it is nearly impossible.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant go anywhere near anything hard packed with how bald my tires are. bad enough i want to go to carrol canyon. haha but i see you have off road lights up top. were those on? and also i would have just put on a cheap o tire and waited to get some better tires. your problem with the off roading wasnt the truck or the road it was the tires. my bfgs had a nail in it and i fixed it. aired it down to 15 off road and it helded up great! stupid discount tire didnt want to fix it. what ever!!!