Door Lock Knob Stuck in Unlocked Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rndlmn4

Reaction score
I searched and didn't see the same issue, so here goes...

The rear passenger door lock button on my 2015 Expy is stuck in the up (unlocked) position. I discovered this when I opened that door and the alarm went off. I forgot that I had locked all the doors with the key fob. I tried it again, first locking the doors with the fob and then looking at all the door lock knobs to see if they were down. All but the rear passenger side door was locked. I even tried with the door lock switch in the door. Same result.

When I tried to lock the door manually, the knob would not budge. It is stuck in the up position. Has this happened to any of you? I guess the next step is to pull the trim panel off.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my front door 04 EB... can't lock the door at all when others are locked... I'm going to take the door off and see if it's the actuator

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I searched and didn't see the same issue, so here goes...

The rear passenger door lock button on my 2015 Expy is stuck in the up (unlocked) position. I discovered this when I opened that door and the alarm went off. I forgot that I had locked all the doors with the key fob. I tried it again, first locking the doors with the fob and then looking at all the door lock knobs to see if they were down. All but the rear passenger side door was locked. I even tried with the door lock switch in the door. Same result.

When I tried to lock the door manually, the knob would not budge. It is stuck in the up position. Has this happened to any of you? I guess the next step is to pull the trim panel off.

Hasn’t happened to me - but have you tried moving the child-lock up or down (on the inside of the door frame) to see if it will dislodge the stuck lock-knob?

OP
OP
rndlmn4

rndlmn4

Reaction score
I checked the child-lock lever and it was in the unlock position. The small lever moves freely between the two positions. It didn't make any difference in the lock function.

But!!! I had time today to pull off the door panel and take a look. The only thing I found was, the lock knob itself was broken into two pieces. I discovered that when I tried to unscrew it from the lock activation rod. Once I pulled the top piece off and removed the door panel, the rod moved freely by hand and by using the key fob. I suspect the two pieces of knob wedged against each other in the guide tube, inside the door panel. Without the knob screwed onto the rod, the lock functions as it should. I'm trying to glue the two pieces back together. If it doesn't hold, I'll have to order one from a Ford dealer.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked the child-lock lever and it was in the unlock position. The small lever moves freely between the two positions. It didn't make any difference in the lock function.

But!!! I had time today to pull off the door panel and take a look. The only thing I found was, the lock knob itself was broken into two pieces. I discovered that when I tried to unscrew it from the lock activation rod. Once I pulled the top piece off and removed the door panel, the rod moved freely by hand and by using the key fob. I suspect the two pieces of knob wedged against each other in the guide tube, inside the door panel. Without the knob screwed onto the rod, the lock functions as it should. I'm trying to glue the two pieces back together. If it doesn't hold, I'll have to order one from a Ford dealer.

I’d order a new one.

If you glue the old one - you risk it breaking again while the knob is in the down position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire