Edmunds Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely right about the acres of plastic in the Expedition. The Wagoneer is the newest of the three so I'm not surprised it came out on top. But it's a Stellantis product so a lease or extended warranty are strongly advised. Curious to see how the next Expedition will fare since it will likely gain a hybrid powertrain. GM seems to be the weakest of the three. The powertrain, interior design, seats...what is GM doing? I think it's milking the brand and popularity of the model.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of this comes down to brand loyalty. We rode in a long wheelbase GMC Yukon(?) and I thought the ride was awful. At the time, Jeep only had the standard wheelbase, though I think that's corrected now.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wagoneers do drive very well and the feeling of room is great.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GM is doing a refresh for 2025. The Tahoe looks really good IMO, but i haven't seen any pix of the Yukon. The last time I drove one was a 2018 or 2019 Tahoe (rental). It drove horribly. I do want to go look and drive again. Really like the GC and Wagoneer, but reliability just keeps me away.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The denali and escalade drive good, but not as good as journalist claim. The interior os mid in my opinion and the brakes were our deal breaker. My wife drive my dads escalade recently and said she never wants one for the brakes alone. She greatly prefers our nav.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting review, but she is SOOO annoying, I almost turned it off. Unless I glossed over, I don't think she mentioned what trim each was so that could make a difference.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree with her assessment. The Wagoneer is definitely the nicest of the three but you pay for it. I'm sure Ford is addressing many of the complaints with the new 25MY.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
She did not go over trims specifically but you can kinda tell what they are. The wagoneer is the series 3 trim with carbon package, expy is the limited trim with spp package and tahoe is the rst trim with the performance package.